After getting to know how the process and understanding of affiliate marketing, the next step you have to do is find out the terms that exist in this type of marketing read this. Besides you can find out what you need from the beginning until the money reaches your pocket, this term can help you gain the trust of the affiliate bidder because they will judge you professionally.
Here are some general terms related to affiliate marketing:
– Affiliates: Someone who publish and use affiliate program.
– Affiliate market: Serves as a central database for affiliate programs in different niches.
– Affiliate software: Software used by companies to create affiliate programs for their products.
– Affiliate link or URL: A special tracking link offered by the affiliate program that you follow to track your affiliate promotions. From this link / URL, affiliate bidders can find out the number of their buyers coming from your website / social media.
– Affiliate ID: Similar to an affiliate link, but many affiliate programs offer a unique ID that you can add to any product site page.
– Payment methods: Different affiliate programs also offer different payment methods.
Example: Check, Transfer, wire transfer, PayPal, and others.
– Affiliate Managers / OPM: Many companies have dedicated affiliate managers to help publishers get more by giving them optimization tips.
– Commission percentage/amount: The amount or percentage you will receive in affiliate income from each sale.
– 2-tier affiliate marketing: This is a great way to make money from affiliate programs. With this method, you recommend other people join the affiliate program, and you receive a commission when sub-affiliates make sales (similar to multi-level marketing).
– Landing pages: Unique product sales or demo pages are used for the purpose of increasing sales. Most of the programs that you will promote have many landing pages, and you can run an A / B test to see which pages work best for you.
– Custom affiliate income/accounts: Unlike general affiliate accounts, many companies offer special affiliate income to people who make the most affiliate sales for them.
– Link clocking: Most affiliate tracking links look unappealing and unreadable. By using URL shortening techniques, you can turn long and bad affiliate links into links that can be read and understood by your readers.
– Special coupons: Many programs allow affiliates to create special coupons that are also used to track sales. Special discount coupons help you increase affiliate sales too.